Every 10 minutes someone dies from drowning. One out of every five drowning victims is a child. With the Summer here, it is a great time to review some safety tips.
- Never swim alone
- Supervise children when they’re in the water
- Don’t play breath-holding games
- Always wear a life vest
- Don’t jump in the water to save a friend – Use a long object to pull a struggling swimmer to safety
- Enter the water feet first – beware of shallow water
- Stay away from pool drains
- Stay within designated swim areas
- Avoid using alcohol
- Learn CPR
- Teach your kids to be safe in the water
Take the time to review these tips and share them with your family. They might just safe a life.